Monday, September 29, 2008

My Week Unknitted

OK, the Tulsa Knittle Ho had a meeting, or series of meetings, all by herself and sometimes included her significant other. It was actually a field trip, or a few field trips, and involved thinking about what she was not knitting. Below is the documentation and a few thoughts on the subject.





You might not immediately recognize these guys, but it's Billy, Dusty, and Frank. Last night instead of unknitting the end of a stole that I want to lengthen, my significant other and I went to see ZZ Top. They did not disappoint. They can still put on a show and played the favorites and did a Jimmy Hendrix number from their touring days. It was a grand opening for the new Spirit Bank Event Center around the corner from us. Yes, around the corner. I thought I was back in Houston, but no, this was TULSA!!!! Didn't think I could have my camera so these were taken with my phone. AArrgghhhh...coulda had the camera and some cool high speed film I've been wanting to try, but that's another story for another blog.


This is Zig Zigler (phone again, of the monitor - the lights were too bright). On Monday I went to visit him as well as Rudy Guilianni, Colin Powell and several others at a Motivational seminar. I got motivated alright - enough so to sign up for 5 more days of financial seminars. So, I may be telling you a lot about what I'm not knitting. This day I was not finishing up my Knittle Ho scarf project. However, if it all pays off I can buy the yarn store and fly you all in for free shopping. BTW, this was at the new BOK Center. Yes, in TULSA!!!


























Believe it or not this field trip to Roaring River, MO, did involve knitting when we weren't fishing. That's Kim on the right and me on the left, and the same fish in both pictures. Just goes to show how slimming it can be to stand up straight, tuck your tummy in and turn sideways. Kim was anxious to get in on this knitting thing, so we got her going on a scarf. Watch out, she's a quick study. It's looking like there is a group Christmas project in the Knittle Hos future. BTW, the turquoise stole managed to gain a few rows on this trip.




This is Frank. Same trip, different activity. I was not knitting my charity shawl when Frank and I teamed up to beat the uncles in a game of golf. We had them running scared, they wouldn't even finish the game, said they wanted to go fishing one more time. Uh huh, all that big talk and they ran off.



Maybe this is cheating since it was taken last summer (though the idea of the Knittle Hos was formed during this time), but I just had to show you this picture of my cute Knittle Ho sister and the weinermobile. She was quite taken with it and finally found it after searching for it all her life. It was kismet, destiny, when we had to detour and bumped into it on the UNM campus. The encounter did not end there, though. She saw it once again at the grocery store a few days later and knew, just knew, it was meant to be. Now, this Knittle Ho is not as foggy as she appears to be. It's the one behind the phone lens who is foggy. New phone, protective plastic over the lens....................................


Next week, if not before, I plan on knitting. Several of us at church are getting together to form a knitting and needle group. More on that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I think I peed myself a little while reading this! Too, too funny! I am impressed with the way you are living your life, getting all motivated and grooving out and getting fishy and whatnot. You are OUT THERE, knittle ho! Keep those stories coming so that we couch sitters can enjoy your life vicariously!