Sunday, March 1, 2009

First of all, I just found this on the internets:

Knit´tle (n.)
1. A string that draws together a purse or bag.

Proof that we're legit, as if we needed it.

I'm still having a tough time getting serious about knitting anything, so I'm going to cheat and post this picture, which is something I completed over Christmas and which you've already seen:

Robert's ironic scarf


I say it still counts. Here's the stripe-a-licious bag, which was my first felting project. I carry it everywhere and tell total strangers, "Hey, I made this!" I do like felting. I'm sure you both recognize the kitty paws lurking along the sidelines:



I bought this book with my 25% off birthday Borders gift certificate, w00t! It has a lot of cute patterns in it, and I'm going to make the purse pictured here for a friend of mine.




I bought the yarn for it yesterday--it's not exactly what was pictured, but close. It's a herringbone pattern, which fortunately doesn't require too much attention. Ryder and Smokey have been very helpful with all my knitting projects, as you can see.



And that's all the knitting news for now. Not much, I must say, but there ya go. Knit on, gals!